Community of Richgrove,
We are very proud to announce that Richgrove has grown another 23 points in our school API. This makes 13 years in a row that our school has not gone backwards in our STAR exams. Very few schools can make a claim to this statement. And although we have not yet reached the state goal of 800 we were able to finally surpass the 700 point barrier! Our staff and students have been working very hard to get into the 700’s. Our school API for the 2010-11 school year is 705. This score is up from 682 in the previous year. We will be working very hard to make sure we continue on our path to 800.
This STAR exam session also gave us the following highlights:
- 5 out of the 7 grade levels testing had an API of 700 or better. This was the most ever.
- Second (764), Third (734) and Eighth (709) had their highest API’s ever.
- Eighth English Language Arts had their highest AYP to date at 46% (increase of 11%)
- Eighth Science had their highest AYP to date at 57% (increase of 23%)
- Eighth History had their highest AYP to date at 36% (increase of 25%)
- English Language Learners had an API increase of 20 points.
- The School increased its Math AYP by 7%
- Of the 17 exams given, 11 had better results than the previous year.
Overall, the 2010-11 testing session generated good results for our school and district. I would like to commend all the staff and students that have worked so hard to improve their assessment scores. The School Board and Superintendent have been very supportive and generous to the school. They have allowed for curriculum, staff development and coaching to help us improve in our daily instruction. Every year we get a little bit better at what we do, and we hope that the 2011-12 school year will bring us once again similar results.