Richgrove School Parents,
The number of COVID cases has declined significantly and Richgrove School is now in a position to bring back a small percentage of our youngest students. However, we must meet social distancing requirements of 4 ft. to 6 ft. between students while on campus. Class size will be limited to 12-16 students per class depending on physical size of class. Recently RSD staff called home to confirm if parents are comfortable with sending their children back to school. Those that stated yes, will be placed in a lottery system to return. The remaining students will continue to receive their education online via a Distance Learning platform. As a parent, you have the option of keeping your child in Distance Learning for the remainder of the year.
The following will be the information/criteria for students that return to campus:
- Students will be screened at entrance gate for COVID symptoms. Those that do not pass will be sent home.
- Students MUST wear a mask at all times on campus unless they are on a “mask break.” Those that cannot will be placed back in the Distance Learning group.
- Parents will not be allowed on campus with their children (Kinder will have a one week exception)
- Students will use hand sanitizer and/or wash their hands frequently.
- In-person instruction will be from 8:05 AM to 11:05 AM; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- WEDNESDAY WILL BE DISTANCE LEARNING FOR ALL STUDENTS.
- Students will be required to be online for one hour after class in Asynchronous Instruction.
- Students must bring fully charged laptops to school each day in a backpack.
You will be contacted if your child was selected to return to school. The *tentative starting dates for return are as follows:
- TK/Kindergarten Monday, March 8th
- 1st Grade Monday, March 15th
- (TENTATIVE) 2nd Grade Thursday, March 18th
- (TENTATIVE) 3rd Grade Monday, March 22nd
- (TENTATIVE) 4th Grade Tuesday, April 6th
- (TENTATIVE) 5th Grade Monday, April 12th
- (TENTATIVE) 6th Grade Thursday, April 15th
*Please be aware that dates can change or school can close down at any time due to COVID breakout, rise in case numbers or per Health Department.
We are looking forward to having some of our students back on campus, but recognize you may have many questions. Please feel free to contact the school with any questions you may have.
Mario Millan, Superintendent